Monday 22 October 2012

LL - Week 6 - Springvale or Springfield?


Week 6 – 22/10/2012

This week I attended the new campus in Springvale for a week long assassination attempt on my dignity.  With the words “You are all adults” echoing around the open plan work area with coloured feathers and Play Doh to keep my mind occupied I think it is safe to say this type of learning style does not fit me. 

We were required to get into groups with other people from courses that had no relevance to my own what so ever and work on a presentation for businesses that once again had no relevance to creative media.  I do feel that this course had the potential to be very productive and beneficial.  I just think that the execution would need to be worked on to incorporate some opportunities to gain experience in the sector that I wish to work in. 

Shown below you can see an idea of one of the business proposals we had to work on. This particular scenario was about a beauty salon wanting to improve their brand. 



Movie Watch:  Over Halloween I decided to get a jump on my film studies class and watched Our Man FlintGoldfinger and Austin Powers. I’m sure having these movies fresh in my mind will make it easier when I start my coursework looking at the comparisons between the three. 




No comments:

Post a Comment