Monday 19 November 2012

Breaking News - BBC Tour



I got a tour of the BBC News studios in order to give me an idea of what a real working studio looks like. 

I got to have a look around the news room and see exactly where the presenters go on air and how the people behind the scenes keep everything flowing seamlessly.  I found this fascinating as I could see what I normally see on my TV from an entirely different view. 

While on the tour I got the chance to have a go at using the auto cue and do a bit of presenting on the same set as the BBC News presenters.  



To end the tour I was able to get speaking to radio presenter and all round good guy Uncle Hugo Duncan.  He gave me and the rest of the group some invaluable experience and wisdom with regards to the radio and journalism industry.  


Overall I felt this tour was very beneficial, even for simply being able to walk around a proper working studio that broadcasts to an entire nation.  Learning how the cogs turn in a well oiled machine like the BBC was both daunting and exciting to think I could one day be one of those cogs turning in unison along side people like Hugo Duncan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment